Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
FABCDC partners with the Nashville Alliance for Financial Independence to offer free income tax preparation to moderate- and low- income families in Davidson County. You may be eligible if your family earned less than $42, 000 last year. Families served through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program claim important tax credits and avoid high-cost commercial tax sites.
During the tax season, our VITA site is open for appointments on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm.
Volunteers are needed to prepare tax returns and greet individuals arriving for their appointments.
To schedule an appointment or to volunteer, call (615) 256-4329.
What should you bring with you to your appointment?
1. Proof of identity
2. Copies of ALL W-2, 1098, 1099 forms
3. Social Security card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) card for all individuals listed on
4. Banking information (voided check and/or savings deposit slip) for direct deposit of refunds
5. If e-filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign the return.
6. Amounts/dates of estimated or other tax payments made, etc.
7. Child care
8. Amounts of other income