HomeBuyer Education Classes
Our THDA (Tennessee Housing Development Agency) Certified Homebuyer Education classes and our Sustainability Primer will assist you with purchasing a home and help you become a sustainably-minded homeowner. We encourage Homebuyer Education classes for everyone considering homeownership. The ideal time to attend one of our classes is BEFORE looking for a home or sitting down with your banker.
Homebuyer Education focuses on six basic areas:
1. Are You Ready To Buy A Home?
2. Managing Your Money
3. Understanding Credit
4. Obtaining A Mortgage
5. Shopping For A Home
6. Protecting Your Investment
Homebuyer Education classes will help you understand:
- The advantages and disadvantages of owning a home
- Setting goals
- How to budget and save
- How much you can afford to pay for a home
- The importance of good credit when you try to borrow money
- How to find the right house in the right neighborhood
- How to make an offer
- The steps to getting a loan
- How to maintain and protect your home after you move in
- What to do if you have trouble making payments
Homebuyer Education classes will be offered on Saturday, 8:30a - 4:30p. Dates & location will be posted soon.
For more information or to sign up for a class, email us at HBE@fabcdc.org.
FABCDC has adopted the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling.