Home Buyer Education Classes
Home buyer education will assist you with purchasing a home and help you become a long-term successful homeowner. We encourage home buyer education classes for everyone considering
Our home buyer education focuses on five basic areas:
1. Managing Your Money
2. Understanding Credit
3. Getting a Mortgage Loan
4. Shopping for a Home
5. Keeping Your Home
Our home buyer education classes will help you understand:
- The advantages and disadvantages of owning a home
- Setting goals
- How to budget and save
- How much you can afford to pay for a home
- The importance of good credit when you try to borrow money
- How to find the right house in the right neighborhood
- How to make an offer
- The steps to getting a loan
- How to maintain and protect your home after you move in
- What to do if you have trouble making payments
Home buyer education classes are offered at flexible times to fit your schedule. Classes meet during the daytime, evenings and Saturday mornings. We also provide pre-purchase and post-purchase counseling.
For more information or to sign up for a class, call (615) 256-4329. Before attending a home buyer education class, you must fill out this Home Buyer Education Form completely and return to our office.
FABCDC has adopted the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling.